Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 pm
Press Start DVD

Weird dreams and you

Work? Problems? Rants? Spurts of happiness? Talk about 'em here.

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Weird dreams and you

Postby Animation Viking » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:03 am

Starting a thread here where you can share your most weirdest dreams. :lol:
Maybe you'll be lucky and get someone to interpet your dreams :D

I'll start with something I dreamt last night...
I was dreaming that I was somewhere on a grassy field, with a huge camera crew and set, and was making a movie
about the American Revolution. Starring no other then Arnold Schwarzenegger, for some reason.
Don't remember much after that. I have a hard time remembering my dreams when I wake up, but this one stuck in. :P
My blip.tv account: http://animationconundrum.blip.tv/
My Deviantart.com account: http://obersten.deviantart.com/
I am open for titlecards and commissions if requested
Animation Viking

Re: Weird dreams and you

Postby Sianystar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 am

Oooh, I had a weird one the other night. I dreamt that I was being mugged in the middle of a busy street with so many people around, but no-one believed me even though I was trying to fight off some huge guy with a knife. I wasn't bothered about the whole being attacked thing, more that people were walking by calling me a liar and stuff.

My dream priorities are screwed, clearly.
Sianystar

Postby Jutta » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am

Sometime before Christmas I had a dream of me being a little fluffy monster running around on a field of gras and there were plants that grew huge chocolate covered, Latte Machiatto flavored crispy nomnom things. I spent a looong time jumping from one plant to another, just eating these delicious sweets :D
Interpret that! :lol: :lol:
Jutta

Postby detroitmechworks » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 am

Sex.

Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. (DAMN YOU Sigmund! Get out of my head!)
If yer Interested, just remember, THEY MADE ME WATCH THIS!
Check me out here or at Reviewers Unknown!!

http://reviewersunknown.com
detroitmechworks

Postby Neirikr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I have this one really weird and kind of creepy recurring dream. I've seen it every now and then since I was about 10, so I remember it pretty well.

It's always pretty much the same:

I'm at my late grandmother's house, but instead of a wooden house with the walls painted brown that it is in reality, it's a small mansion or a manor with brick walls. Also, the yard lacks the stable my grandfather used to keep his horse in, and all the apple trees I used to climb in.

The interior, however is pretty much the same as in reality. All of my cousins, aunts etc. are there, eating in the dining room. For some reason I don't feel like joining them. I just start wandering around the house until I come across an unfamiliar staircase leading downwards. Well, it's not really unfamiliar, since I always feel like I've been down there before, but I have no idea what's down there.

I walk down the stairs into some kind of a boiler room. In the room there is a white woman. I can never quite remember what she looks like, I just she's completely white. She says she's been waiting for me, and hands me an umbrella, and tells me to kill my whole family with it.

So I go upstairs with the umbrella, and start approaching the noise coming from the dining room. Instantly when I step in, everyone goes silent and just looks at me. After standing there for a while I point my umbrella at them. To my surprise, they all take out umbrellas and open them at me.

I run down to the white woman, crying ''They all have umbrellas too !''.

Then I wake up.

My dreams are messed up. :|
One of these days I'm gonna take a trip and stay.
Neirikr

Postby PenguinKing » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Had a reallyh werid dream a month or two ago, was driving through the desert with one of my friends and then she litterally just kicks me out of the car, A bunch of old hippy dudes pick me up in their bus and they're pretty cool but when the bus crashes they're alll killed by dolphin/penguin hybrid monsters but i cunningly survied by getting out of the water, then i think i might have killed mr T is a bit fuzzy
Energon axes are the right of all sentient beings
PenguinKing

Postby whitstock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I have a friend who frequently has the Old Hag dream. She sometimes wakes up with impressions on her chest because she's so certain that the person throttling her is real, her body reacts as if it is.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/Old-Hag-Syndrome.htm
"I owe Mr.Lister everything sir, if it wasn't for him, I'd be normal."
whitstock

Postby Neirikr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm

whitstock wrote:I have a friend who frequently has the Old Hag dream. She sometimes wakes up with impressions on her chest because she's so certain that the person throttling her is real, her body reacts as if it is.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/Old-Hag-Syndrome.htm

The article seems to be about sleep paralysis. I've experienced something similar myself. Creepy stuff, mate.
Neirikr

Postby leikomgwtfbbq » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I had a dream that I went to a movie with a Predator, and then we had to infiltrate an electric Pokemon gym to get some secret blueprints for something-or-another. And then I went to a Target and got a peach-flavored slushy. :lol:
leikomgwtfbbq

Postby dakostro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Unfortunately, I had a dream about Tommy Wiseau last night. Fortunately, he looked somewhat different in the dream and not as horrific as he does in real life. Apparently, he was renting a room in our house and we were all sitting down to have dinner, when I say to him: "Oh, hai Mark." Then he looks at me like he's about to tell me to fuck off. Nothing more happens after that, though.
dakostro

Postby costerluver » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm

I once had a dream that I was in Gaza for some reason. I went to get a falafel but it was on a spit roasting around a heater like shawarma or gyros. It tasted really weird and then I woke up. My sister once had a dream that panda bears were trying to rob our house.
costerluver

Postby Sparky Young Upstart » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm

I had a dream that I was going to listen to my iPod, but then my headphones broke. Fortunately a Target spontaneously appeared on a hill by my house (a hill which doesn't exist). So I went to Target, but when I got there Katy Perry was there and she stole all of my chocolate. I have no idea how I got chocolate, but she stole it.
Sparky Young Upstart

Postby Animation Viking » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:24 am

dakostro wrote:Unfortunately, I had a dream about Tommy Wiseau last night. Fortunately, he looked somewhat different in the dream and not as horrific as he does in real life. Apparently, he was renting a room in our house and we were all sitting down to have dinner, when I say to him: "Oh, hai Mark." Then he looks at me like he's about to tell me to fuck off. Nothing more happens after that, though.

Your tearing me apart, Dakostro! Your tearing me apart! XD
Animation Viking

Postby Jael » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I once had a dream that I died in a plane crash just as it was about to land in London.

Then again, I had that dream a few days after the 7/7 London bombings.
I need to stop watching the news. It's not doing me a favour for my dreams.
I'm going to Sierra Leone! June 2014!
Jael

Postby Animation Viking » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:57 am

Jael wrote:I once had a dream that I died in a plane crash just as it was about to land in London.

Then again, I had that dream a few days after the 7/7 London bombings.
I need to stop watching the news. It's not doing me a favour for my dreams.

...and they always say that the media influences people :P
Animation Viking

Postby Mild Man-Nerd » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:05 am

Here's one for you: :D
I dreamed that I was driving home from work when I saw a zebra with antlers walking by the highway, and I followed it all the way back to my house.
Once it stopped, I got out to take a picture. Once I took the picture, I noticed an unusual photo-bomber: It was Elmo. At first he seemed innocent, but then he protruded fangs and killed the zebra. It jumped after me, but I used a lunchbox/cooler to trap him inside.
When I get in the house, I put the cooler in the bathroom (don't ask why). As I'm in the kitchen thinking, Elmo gets out of the cooler and blows out of my bathroom with a rocket made from the cooler and bathroom supplies (curtain rod, hair dryer, hairspray).
I follow it outside and Elmo hijacks my dad's tractor and goes on a rampage. I hop on, and Elmo and I get in a fist fight over control of the tractor. I then throw him in front of the left front wheel, and he is immediately crushed.
The moral of this story: Don't eat icing before you go to bed (or do)
Mild Man-Nerd

Postby Topska » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:39 am

I once dreamed how I was being chased by a giant yellow machinecrab-thingie. This was all happening in a huge castle, so the monster had a plenty of space to chase me around.
Anyway, no matter how far I ran, it just came after me, running through the walls and everything. All the sudden, I notice that it wasn't following me anymore and stop to catch my breath.
After calming down, I notice all these strange lights and unknown people around me. One of them is approaching me. It's Dumbledore. He congratulates me on a job well done and says that I can now leave.
I realise that this was a all set up and the only one taking it seriously was me. That they were actually filming the new Harry Potter movie and I had been tricked into taking part in it.
I get mad and start yelling that " What the hell were you thinking, making me run around shit-scared like that!? I thought I was going to die, while you guys were just sitting back, enjoying it! "
Dumbledore looks at me, smugly and says that a rabble like me should just be grateful that they got the chanse to be in the same movie with stars like him.
So I punched the shitty geezer in the face and kept beating him, until the filming crew came to tear me off him.
I woke up, feeling really satisfied, with a smile on my face. :D
I think, therefore I am. Unless someone's having a really boring dream. May he keep on snoring. (This can't be a woman's dream.)
Topska

Postby Neirikr » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:24 am

Topska wrote:I once dreamed how I was being chased by a giant yellow machinecrab-thingie. This was all happening in a huge castle, so the monster had a plenty of space to chase me around.
Anyway, no matter how far I ran, it just came after me, running through the walls and everything. All the sudden, I notice that it wasn't following me anymore and stop to catch my breath.
After calming down, I notice all these strange lights and unknown people around me. One of them is approaching me. It's Dumbledore. He congratulates me on a job well done and says that I can now leave.
I realise that this was a all set up and the only one taking it seriously was me. That they were actually filming the new Harry Potter movie and I had been tricked into taking part in it.
I get mad and start yelling that " What the hell were you thinking, making me run around shit-scared like that!? I thought I was going to die, while you guys were just sitting back, enjoying it! "
Dumbledore looks at me, smugly and says that a rabble like me should just be grateful that they got the chanse to be in the same movie with stars like him.
So I punched the shitty geezer in the face and kept beating him, until the filming crew came to tear me off him.
I woke up, feeling really satisfied, with a smile on my face. :D

So to put it shortly, you dreamt of beating up Dumbledore ?

I'm not sure if that's more messed up than my dreams, but it's still gloriously messed up. :D
Neirikr

Postby dakostro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Mild Man-Nerd wrote:Here's one for you: :D
I dreamed that I was driving home from work when I saw a zebra with antlers walking by the highway, and I followed it all the way back to my house.
Once it stopped, I got out to take a picture. Once I took the picture, I noticed an unusual photo-bomber: It was Elmo. At first he seemed innocent, but then he protruded fangs and killed the zebra. It jumped after me, but I used a lunchbox/cooler to trap him inside.
When I get in the house, I put the cooler in the bathroom (don't ask why). As I'm in the kitchen thinking, Elmo gets out of the cooler and blows out of my bathroom with a rocket made from the cooler and bathroom supplies (curtain rod, hair dryer, hairspray).
I follow it outside and Elmo hijacks my dad's tractor and goes on a rampage. I hop on, and Elmo and I get in a fist fight over control of the tractor. I then throw him in front of the left front wheel, and he is immediately crushed.
The moral of this story: Don't eat icing before you go to bed (or do)

I would so want to hear Bargo analyze this dream in an episode of Coffee with Bargo. :lol:
dakostro

Postby leikomgwtfbbq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 pm

I had a dream about Todd.

We met up in this empty mall somewhere and he took his hood off. The reason he'd been trying to hide his face was because he was one of the smurfycats from Avatar. :lol:

It was pretty funny, really. He was really freaking out because he didn't want people to know of his smurfycatness. :lol:
leikomgwtfbbq

Next

Return to Everyday Life