Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:42 am
Press Start DVD

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000)

Got a request for the Nostalgia Critic? Post it here!
Forum rules
If a movie or show has a topic already.. DO NOT make a new topic, just post in the one that is already established! Do not make more than one request in a post!

Re: The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000)

Postby Keisok » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I don't consider this movie that bad. I think it actually did a decent job at mimicking the cartoon. The only problem I really had with it is the fact I hate Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Keisok

Postby Cthulhu » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 am

Wouldn't mind it...
Cthulhu

Postby JFP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:16 pm

I think maybe the Critic should team up with CR and review this. I've always wanted the Critic to review this, especially after referencing it in his Congo review.
AT4W hopes:
1 DeathMate
2 The (Savage) Dragon #1
3 WildCATs #1
4 Heroes Reborn
5 New Mutants #98
6 Sonic/Image
7 ST: TNG/X-Men
8 Miller' Robocop
9 rest of Lunat!k
10 Ghostbusters: Other Side & Displaced Aggression
JFP

Postby dagan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 am

Nah, Doug should do this on his own. I've always wanted to see a Nostalgia Critic review of this one.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
dagan

Postby JFP » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 pm

dagan wrote:Nah, Doug should do this on his own. I've always wanted to see a Nostalgia Critic review of this one.

But it falls just outside of Doug's "nostalgic" deadline, so I guess it would make more sense to team up with someone else to review it.
AT4W hopes:
1 DeathMate
2 The (Savage) Dragon #1
3 WildCATs #1
4 Heroes Reborn
5 New Mutants #98
6 Sonic/Image
7 ST: TNG/X-Men
8 Miller' Robocop
9 rest of Lunat!k
10 Ghostbusters: Other Side & Displaced Aggression
JFP

Postby Cloba » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 pm

JFP wrote:
dagan wrote:Nah, Doug should do this on his own. I've always wanted to see a Nostalgia Critic review of this one.

But it falls just outside of Doug's "nostalgic" deadline, so I guess it would make more sense to team up with someone else to review it.

Not anymore it doesn't. He pushed the limit back to 2002 in the floated threads so we're good! :D
Check out my art gallery here- http://cloba94.deviantart.com/
Cloba

Postby weirdaljedifan2 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 am

Yes, this must be done, this SHALL be done.
weirdaljedifan2

Postby dagan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:20 am

weirdaljedifan2 wrote:Yes, this must be done, this SHALL be done.

I hope so. I'm really looking forward to Doug doing this one.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
dagan

Postby Revriley » Mon May 30, 2011 9:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJ0oFp_ ... re=related

^That's the link to the movie on Youtube (Part 1). Be warned, the movie is interspersed with commercials. Luckily, these are not ads, so you can skip over them...did I say luckily?

Though I was born in the latter '90s, my parents had several DVD collections of the original cartoon, which was pretty good. I enjoyed them quite a lot.

So when I discovered the above movie, I was surprised. Then I watched it.

Well, my reaction is mixed. While the movie really, really does try (and succeeds!) to follow the style of the original cartoon--the same style of jokes, a narrator narrating during the plot (the voice sounding exactly like the original), and even pokes fun at itself, breaking the fourth wall quite a lot, there are some things I'm not quite happy with. But first, here's the main reason why I want the Nostalgia Critic to review it:

Two of the characters look exactly like the two leads in 'Goodburger'. I'm not joking, that's the main reason why I want him to do it. I see hilarity to the extreme.
Revriley

Postby marlyonama » Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Only saw for like 5 minutes of it back when it came out. But I was surprised it would even sent my retarded autistic brother running out of the theater to the arcade. That told me that it was REALLY BAD cause they're usually the only ones that can tolerate suckage.
marlyonama

Postby Dsneybuf » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Revriley wrote:here's the main reason why I want the Nostalgia Critic to review it:

Two of the characters look exactly like the two leads in 'Goodburger'. I'm not joking, that's the main reason why I want him to do it. I see hilarity to the extreme.

They have the same actors as the leads of Good Burger: Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.
Last movies watched: Edge of Tomorrow, Pinocchio, ParaNorman, Unbreakable, The Silence of the Lambs
http://www.youtube.com/dsneybuf
Dsneybuf

Postby marlyonama » Tue May 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Dsneybuf wrote:
Revriley wrote:here's the main reason why I want the Nostalgia Critic to review it:

They have the same actors as the leads of Good Burger: Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.

O Realey? The only thing we need to make this movie even more annoying is to have a narrator on crack.
marlyonama

Postby Revriley » Tue May 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Inevearge, what the hell is that^?
Revriley

Postby Gabz Girl » Tue May 31, 2011 5:05 pm

I remember hearing about this film back in 2000, and I think I saw just a bit of it on tv before I got bored and changed the channel. After seeing the trailer now, I'm quite glad I never watched it fully. D:

Revriley wrote:Inevearge, what the hell is that^?

Seems to be a spambot. He's posted shit like that in other topics too. o__o
Gabz Girl

Postby J. McBain » Tue May 31, 2011 7:22 pm

One of my favorite parts of the film, for all the wrong reasons of course!!

:lol:

Chairy The Chair for President in 2016!

Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

My movie draft picks:

http://www.listal.com/list/my-movie-draft-list

http://jamie-mcbain1.livejournal.com/2011/09/14/
J. McBain

Postby marlyonama » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 pm

J. McBain wrote:One of my favorite parts of the film, for all the wrong reasons of course!!

:lol:

How stupid can he get, or was he hallucinating? He's got talent there cause it takes a lot of effort to be this bad an actor. "I AM ACTING!"
marlyonama

Postby megamormonman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 pm

This movie was an utter disappointment. I remember being so excited to see it in theaters, having watched the original cartoon on vhs before. I saw it, and I HATED it. Critic, please to be doing this review soon!
megamormonman

Postby AVPGuyver21 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Bumping this since I hope this movie will still get reviewed. Rob and Doug never said officially no to this movie and I guess that we still have to wait a bit longer for this movie to be reviewed. Afterall, we waited two years for Inspector Gadget, Neverending Story III, The Grinch, and Doug's First Movie to be reviewed and those reviews end up being one of his best reviews.
AVPGuyver21

Postby Closet80sfan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:40 pm

AVPGuyver21 wrote:Bumping this since I hope this movie will still get reviewed. Rob and Doug never said officially no to this movie and I guess that we still have to wait a bit longer for this movie to be reviewed. Afterall, we waited two years for Inspector Gadget, Neverending Story III, The Grinch, and Doug's First Movie to be reviewed and those reviews end up being one of his best reviews.

I'm gonna have to concur with you here on this one,(even though you and a few others may disagree with me whenever I may feel the right time to request Mac and Me Nostalgic Critic style, something that i'm only going to do when I feel the time is right.)

But Rock and Bullwinkle 2000 would definitely make one hellava review for Doug. Granted I've never seen it. The only thing I remember is seeing the trailer for it. And just by watching the trailer, I remember telling myself and others to stay clear away from it.

The trailer was awful, so I figured the film must be pretty DAMN terrible.
Closet80s fan's NC review wishlist:
10.Mac and Me(1988)
9.Simon Birch(1998)
8. Blair Witch Project(1999)
7. Trucks(1997)
6. Speed 2(1997)
5. The Stupids (1996)
4. On Deadly Ground(1994)
3. Bingo(1991)
2. Burn H Burn(1998)
#1. Tentacolino(2004)
Closet80sfan

Postby Gurning Chimp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Closet80sfan wrote:
AVPGuyver21 wrote:Bumping this since I hope this movie will still get reviewed. Rob and Doug never said officially no to this movie and I guess that we still have to wait a bit longer for this movie to be reviewed. Afterall, we waited two years for Inspector Gadget, Neverending Story III, The Grinch, and Doug's First Movie to be reviewed and those reviews end up being one of his best reviews.

I'm gonna have to concur with you here on this one,(even though you and a few others may disagree with me whenever I may feel the right time to request Mac and Me Nostalgic Critic style, something that i'm only going to do when I feel the time is right.)

But Rock and Bullwinkle 2000 would definitely make one hellava review for Doug. Granted I've never seen it. The only thing I remember is seeing the trailer for it. And just by watching the trailer, I remember telling myself and others to stay clear away from it.

The trailer was awful, so I figured the film must be pretty DAMN terrible.

A Nostalgia Critic review of Mac And Me isn't going to happen. Doug has said he feels he can't top Phelous' review.
Gurning Chimp

PreviousNext

Return to Future NC Requests