Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 am
Press Start DVD

Nostalgia Critic request: Spongebob (movie and/or cartoon)

Got a request for the Nostalgia Critic? Post it here!
Forum rules
If a movie or show has a topic already.. DO NOT make a new topic, just post in the one that is already established! Do not make more than one request in a post!

Nostalgia Critic request: Spongebob (movie and/or cartoon)

Postby DanMan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

This thread will focus on the cartoon and the movie, so future people don't try to make more separate threads. This will be the main Spongebob thread.

Movie review:

After years of waiting for that stupid restriction of 'nostalgia', I want the movie to finally be reviewed.

I haven't mentioned this since 2009.

There was some stuff that I forgot when I made my reason of why he should review this.

You remember when the Flinstones Movie, Tom And Jerry, Scooby Doo did bad justice to great cartoons? ... I think every Spongebob episode after this movie was WORSE after this came out. I can't help but hate this movie when THAT happened. I think this could have indirectly caused that. He could joke about that later.

It wasn't a really bad movie at all, but how about he reviews good movies too?

Top Eleven Worst Spongebob Episodes:

11. The Wig One
10. Patty Caper
9. Smooth Jazz at Bikini Bottom
8. Good Neighbors
7. Face Freeze
6. Shuffleboarding
5. Stuck In The Wringer
4. The Grease Episode/ Krabby Kronicle
3. Spongebob buys a pet monster, but doesn't care when Gary gets attacked by it.
2. The One Where Spongebob and Patric Get Trapped In A Mall, and try to survive.
1. Spy Buddies
Last edited by DanMan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
My NC wishlist:
Air Bud: Golden Receiver (1998)
Top 11 Dumbest Star Wars Moments
Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
OVN: Footloose
DanMan

Re: Nostalgia Critic request: Spongebob Squarepants

Postby AceRay » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Disagree. I loved the film, as do a lot of people. Its funny, stays true to the series while still doing something different and new and has some great scenes. Not to mention a lot of cartoon movies' serious moments seem out of place and poorly integrated but the emotion, dramatic parts of the Spongebob movie were still funny and properly integrated. It was the very last of the good Spongebob, after the film they got new writers and its really turned to sh*t.
"In my restless dreams, I see that town. Silent Hill. You promised me you'd take me there again someday... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now... waiting... in our special place."
AceRay

Re: Nostalgia Critic request: Spongebob Squarepants: The Mov

Postby DanMan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Alright, I don't hate it too much, in fact, I don't hate it all, but I want to see how Doug takes on another movie based on a cartoon. Maybe because of how other the other cartoon-movies went (Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Mr. Magoo, The Flinstones), he has an ill pre-conceived notion going into this movie. Maybe watching it, his opinion turns around, and tries to ask Spongebob for forgiveness, like he did with Follow That Bird.

But, maybe he could joke about how the cartoon did went down the toilet after this movie, like at the end of the video?

Ooooh, Doug begging the newer dumber Spongebob to ask for forgiveness, and then shoots Spongebob when he annoys him. Then, Doug should say, "WHERE DID THE SPONGEBOB I USED TO LOVE GO?! WHO WAS THAT?!"

I really hope there are people who are out there who think Spongebob does not have any more common sense.

Besides, he's done some good movies before.
My NC wishlist:
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
DanMan

Postby AceRay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

Agreed, he should in fact do a top 11 worse Spongebob episodes, mostly those ones from 2005 onwards, mostly where Mr Krabs is acting like a complete monster and gets away fro. I tuned out years ago when I saw it going under sop I can't remember their names but they're pretty much all Season 5 through to 7, mostly season 6 though, man that show sucks. In fact, most of the examples from this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/D ... quarepants
"In my restless dreams, I see that town. Silent Hill. You promised me you'd take me there again someday... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now... waiting... in our special place."
AceRay

Postby DanMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am

And Spongebob acts like a total moron and creeper.

In fact Top 11 Spongebob Worst Episodes after movie:

11. The Wig One
10. Patty Caper
9. Smooth Jazz at Bikini Bottom
8. Good Neighbors
7. Face Freeze
6. Shuffleboarding
5. Stuck In The Wringer
4. The Grease Episode/ Krabby Kronicle
3. Spongebob buys a pet monster, but doesn't care when Gary gets attacked by it.
2. The One Where Spongebob and Patric Get Trapped In A Mall, and try to survive.
1. Spy Buddies

He should leave the one when Squidward becomes nicer, accidentally, though. I'm actually glad he finally made SB jealous.

Serious, I hate many of the episodes after the movie. ... The specials and the one I mentioned get a free pass for me.
Last edited by DanMan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My NC wishlist:
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
DanMan

Postby Taco Wiz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 am

I don't think the Critic is a Spongebob fan. If he was, he probably would've referenced it a bazillion times, considering how quotable the first three seasons are.
Taco Wiz

Postby DanMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

He's reference Spongebob two times if I remember.
My NC wishlist:
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
DanMan

Postby AceRay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 am

Taco Wiz wrote:If he was, he probably would've referenced it a bazillion times, considering how quotable the first three seasons are.

...Chocolate? Chocolate? CHOCOLATE?!?!!

Anyway, another episode that truly blew was Atlantis Squarepantis or whatever the f*ck it was called. Man, what a letdown that was. It was a boring, generic "adventure" where every one of the characters is reduced to a one dimensional state and sing corny songs for a double episode where absolutely nothing happens. At all. I could write the plot on my finger. And you have David Bowie in a musical and he doesn't even sing! They built it up as something awesome but it was just lame, kind of like how they had a huge build up and marathon for Best Day Ever. That blew too, it was supposed to be a great episode was just another 15 minute episode tacked on with some other episode so the whole thing was completely pointless.

Don't even get me started on the toenail incident! Oh my, that was f*cking gross. Squidward doesn't even have toenails so they had to give him some to make this f*cking stupid gag.

Also, No Vikings was the worst episode. Seriously, NOTHING HAPPENS. The situation never got resolved and was completely pointless. What a pile of f*cking bullsh...

*Sigh*... I miss it when this show was good. I really do. :cry:
AceRay

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

...I feel that this thread is odd and so is this request
Last Five Watched: Friend with Benefits, Rise of the Guardians, 21 Jump Street, The Princess Bride, My Super Ex Girlfriend,
My Blog: http://spongey444.wordpress.com/

Latest Review: Rise of the Guardians
Ralph Wiggum

Postby Craig1981 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

I was never really a fan of the cartoon itself, but I thought the movie was really good. It was funny and well written. But I'd still like to see the Nostalgia Critic give it a look. I'm a fairly forgiving viewer when it comes to movies, so he'd probably find loads of stuff to tear apart that I wouldn't have been bothered by.
Craig1981

Postby Stoopid Sockhead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 am

DanMan wrote:He's reference Spongebob two times if I remember.

There were references in his reviews of Reefer Madness
and The Neverending Story Part 3
-Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:31 am; The time I've reached 1994 posts, the year I was born. :)

Check out my Youtube page.Full of classic commercials from the 80s,90s,and 00s.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantaCommercials96/videos
Stoopid Sockhead

Postby DanMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

Okay, so I'll just change it to: Nostalgia Critic reviews anything Spongebob; movie and/or cartoon. That way, we can demand the movie, the top 11 worst of the cartoon, or both.

Heck, maybe An Invaders of the Lost Arc. Even if the whole thing had no true story.
My NC wishlist:
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
DanMan

Re: Nostalgia Critic request: Spongebob (movie and/or cartoo

Postby Twilight Salukiara » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Could most of you not put up a bunch of request threads about finally reviewing when we wants seem nostalgic, I think that future NC request forum just might come back anytime soon.
Twilight Salukiara

Postby DanMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am

I'll try to make a new thread there, and delete this thread here, when that old sub-forum is back.

I wanted to post this there too, believe me. This was the only place to do so, when I heard the news.
My NC wishlist:
Romeo and Juliet (1996)
The King And I Animated
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
UHF
DanMan

Postby Fancyarcher » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

I don’t think he’ll do it. Doug didn’t grow up on Spongebob and obviously hasn’t watched much (if any) of the cartoon. I don’t think he’s interested in watching nearly every episode or doing a top 11 worst Spongebob episodes.
Fancyarcher

Postby nondjmaster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 am

Well, he'll review it or do the top 11 if the fans really wanted it. No need to argue further.
nondjmaster

Postby Fancyarcher » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

nondjmaster wrote:Well, he'll review it or do the top 11 if the fans really wanted it. No need to argue further.

No he wouldn’t. He doesn’t have to give in to fan request all the time, besides he probably doesn’t even understand the show, so a top 11 would be hard for him to do.
Fancyarcher

Postby nondjmaster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 am

Things changed. Who knows.
nondjmaster

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 pm

he should never review this ever. not in a milion years
Last Five Watched: Friend with Benefits, Rise of the Guardians, 21 Jump Street, The Princess Bride, My Super Ex Girlfriend,
My Blog: http://spongey444.wordpress.com/

Latest Review: Rise of the Guardians
Ralph Wiggum

Postby AVPGuyver21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

I thought the movie was decent. I don't think he can make fun of much to be honest.
AVPGuyver21

Next

Return to Future NC Requests