Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 am
Press Start DVD

4th Year Speculation And Build Up Thread.

Talk about all the Nostalgia Critic episodes here!

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Forum rules
DO NOT post requests.

Re: Official 4th Year TGWTG Site Anniversary Special Thread

Postby Neo Ultra Mike » Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 am

I'm not being condescending I'm being factual. Sorry if I come across as being a jerk but I'm just pointing out you guys should try and keep things in perspective before coming up with theories like that. Though to be fair year 4 is suppose to actually take more notes from the actual producers and their characters more then the other years but I still don't think Kyle is going to play any character either from his series or that would really relate to what he does honestly. Unless it was David Bowie's character from the man who fell to earth though as someone pointed out in the pic he's wearing Yoda ears so he may be going for Yoda this year or that could just be to throw people off so who knows really.
Neo Ultra Mike

Postby Bawb » Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Neo Ultra Mike wrote:

*rolls eyes* Oh yeah because you know, Suburban Knights really actually had the people everyone dress up as correspond so well with their actual characters. Except for the part where it you know... DIDN'T. Seriously what are you talking about? If the 4th year follows SK they aren't going to have them dress up as something really related to their character but rather what fits the story well or is the funniest. Espeically for the newcomers as really, Todd, Lupa and Luke Mochrie's SK costumes were nothing really like their real selves or characters on their show personas at all. Maybe year four will be different but I doubt that since based on what JO said on twitter her character is not like anything she's really ever done for the site.

I believe what is bolded is what he is refering to as condescending. I believe I've had this same problem with a post of yours in the past as well. While your points are factual... its that added eye roll and the "you know" that give people the condescending vibe.
Bawb

Postby Michael the popsicle » Sun May 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Bawb wrote:
Neo Ultra Mike wrote:

*rolls eyes* Oh yeah because you know, Suburban Knights really actually had the people everyone dress up as correspond so well with their actual characters. Except for the part where it you know... DIDN'T. Seriously what are you talking about? If the 4th year follows SK they aren't going to have them dress up as something really related to their character but rather what fits the story well or is the funniest. Espeically for the newcomers as really, Todd, Lupa and Luke Mochrie's SK costumes were nothing really like their real selves or characters on their show personas at all. Maybe year four will be different but I doubt that since based on what JO said on twitter her character is not like anything she's really ever done for the site.

I believe what is bolded is what he is refering to as condescending. I believe I've had this same problem with a post of yours in the past as well. While your points are factual... its that added eye roll and the "you know" that give people the condescending vibe.

Pretty much. I get that you're trying to be factual Neo, but the way you go about it makes it seem like you're constantly tying to prove that everyone else is wrong
Michael the popsicle

Postby supermariofan » Sun May 13, 2012 7:13 pm

How come The Last Angry Geek isn't in that picture? wasn't it confirmed that he's gonna be in it?
supermariofan

Postby Linkara » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm

supermariofan wrote:How come The Last Angry Geek isn't in that picture? wasn't it confirmed that he's gonna be in it?

Pretty much because he wasn't there on the day we took the picture.
Let's set bad comics on fire from Atop the Fourth Wall
Linkara

Postby JetstreamGW » Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 am

Linkara wrote:
supermariofan wrote:How come The Last Angry Geek isn't in that picture? wasn't it confirmed that he's gonna be in it?

Pretty much because he wasn't there on the day we took the picture.

S'what I figured. LAG's got a regular job, as I recall, and he DOES live in Illinois, so he can commute :D

Everyone else was stuck there.
JetstreamGW

Postby supermariofan » Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am

Is Sad Panda part of the main cast or is he singing another song?
supermariofan

Postby The_Awesometeer » Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 am

supermariofan wrote:Is Sad Panda part of the main cast or is he singing another song?

I am assuming he is part of the main cast since he is there. If he was just going to sing a song wouldn't have to be there
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it.
The_Awesometeer

Postby supermariofan » Sun May 20, 2012 7:37 pm

here's my idea for a fifth anniversary: Teddy Ruxpin and Mr.Bucket are out for revenge along with their sidekicks such as R.O.B., Glitch Gremlin, Douchey Mcnitpick, Casper, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Terl. So Critic and the Nerd have to team up to destroy their enemies with the help of the other members of thatguywiththeglasses.com, Bugs Bunny, Kyle Justin, Spiderman, and the Ninja from Ninja Gaiden
supermariofan

Postby TheManWithTheKillerPlan » Mon May 21, 2012 6:59 am

supermariofan wrote:here's my idea for a fifth anniversary: Teddy Ruxpin and Mr.Bucket are out for revenge along with their sidekicks such as R.O.B., Glitch Gremlin, Douchey Mcnitpick, Casper, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Terl. So Critic and the Nerd have to team up to destroy their enemies with the help of the other members of thatguywiththeglasses.com, Bugs Bunny, Kyle Justin, Spiderman, and the Ninja from Ninja Gaiden

Dude, I think you're expecting a little too much, and this is coming from someone who's excited about Year 4.
TheManWithTheKillerPlan

Postby Troll To Ignore » Mon May 21, 2012 11:48 am

...someone is excited?
Troll To Ignore

Postby Bawb » Mon May 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm sorry Solid Mike, but why do you even bother to post in the forums and watch videos if your opinion is that the site had no future and that no one is excited for futur projects? If you are on a sinking ship, why not jump off?

I'm sorry but every post I've read of yours is just plain negative ...and, of course, you have a right to that opinion. But why do you stay and watch and participat if it is so bad? Aren't there things you enjoy that you can get into.
Bawb

Postby The Theory » Mon May 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Bawb wrote:I'm sorry Solid Mike, but why do you even bother to post in the forums and watch videos if your opinion is that the site had no future and that no one is excited for futur projects? If you are on a sinking ship, why not jump off?

I'm sorry but every post I've read of yours is just plain negative ...and, of course, you have a right to that opinion. But why do you stay and watch and participat if it is so bad? Aren't there things you enjoy that you can get into.

for front row seats to the demise, maybe?...

-The Theory
The Theory

Postby supermariofan » Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm

I hope Diamanda Hagan is in this
supermariofan

Postby Troll To Ignore » Wed May 23, 2012 2:52 pm

The Theory wrote:for front row seats to the demise, maybe?...

-The Theory

Troll To Ignore

Postby The Theory » Wed May 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Solid Mike wrote:

-The Theory

well, let's get some popcorn then! Caramel or butter?

-The Theory
The Theory

Postby DiamandaHagan » Wed May 23, 2012 6:46 pm

supermariofan wrote:I hope Diamanda Hagan is in this

Sorry, I havent been to chicago since 2008. But I filmed a little something...
DiamandaHagan
TGWTG.com Contributor

Postby ladydiskette » Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 pm

The Theory wrote:

-The Theory

Oh stop being a negative nancy for once and have some fun at the party....dance with me!

*drags The Theory out on the dance floor*
"Don't make Snowflame love and tolerate the crap out of you!"

Check out my blog for book reviews and other literary-related articles on Children Storybook Corner Also please feel free to read and comment. Thank you.
ladydiskette

Postby Bawb » Thu May 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Solid Mike wrote:

-The Theory

Well, at least part of that is right.
Bawb

Postby The Theory » Thu May 24, 2012 8:35 pm

ladydiskette wrote:
The Theory wrote:

-The Theory

Oh stop being a negative nancy for once and have some fun at the party....dance with me!

*drags The Theory out on the dance floor*

allright...

The Theory

PreviousNext

Return to NC Episodes