Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:03 pm
Press Start DVD

Adventure Time

Tune in here to discuss what's on the box.

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Re: Adventure Time

Postby legato » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:44 pm

CapitalRadioTwo wrote:
LibraHorse wrote:
CapitalRadioTwo wrote:Sometimes a carrot is just a carrot, sir.

Using a phrase involving a phallic object isn't helping.

That was the point. It's an expression meaning that if you go looking for sexual subtext in the innocuous, you'll find it. A guy eating a carrot is homoerotic if you choose to look at it that way. If you want to read into what happened as an oral sex metaphor, you'll find reasons to back up what you think. It doesn't necessarily mean that's the intent.

You must be giving your blow jobs wrong if it's anything like eating a carrot.
legato

Postby VGPlayer202 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

LibraHorse wrote:Yeah, but I'm just saying that in a show where the main character loudly proclaims that he has a snake in his underwear and an episode where he walks around naked with his junk being covered by wood, I wouldn't exactly rule it out.

The wood was originally supposed to be a beaver.

Think about that for a moment.
VGPlayer202

Postby AdventChild » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:41 am

Has anyone seen the latest ep?

Spoiler! :
Fun fact: The voice of Clarence is Sam Marin, the same guy who does Benson on Regular Show.
AdventChild

Postby The Magical Screee » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 pm

yep, I watched it, I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the dark jokes they had for Ghost Princess.
Spoiler! :
It was also cool to see how she looked when she was alive. It's too bad we won't be seeing anymore of Ghost Princess, but I liked the episode overall.
My Art Facebook | My Art Tumblr | Art Commissions: buy some art by me, for you!
The Magical Screee

Postby VGPlayer202 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:14 pm

As cool as that episode was, it makes me wonder
Spoiler! :
when exactly the battle took place, or when the ghost dude killed himself if Jake was around to see it, and lose his love for soft cheese...
VGPlayer202

Postby CapitalRadioTwo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm

VGPlayer202 wrote:
Spoiler! :
or when the ghost dude killed himself if Jake was around to see it, and lose his love for soft cheese...

Spoiler! :
Um, That was exactly what happened. Jake was standing there and watched what happened and that's why he hates soft cheese now. Watch the episode again. He's standing right there and he even tells the guy to stop.
CapitalRadioTwo

Postby The Magical Screee » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:58 pm

I think you misread VG's post. He was wondering when everything took place since some of it seems modern and some of it seems like it'd be years ago, with the battle.

I was sort of wondering the same thing. Maybe Clarence was very old.
My Art Facebook | My Art Tumblr | Art Commissions: buy some art by me, for you!
The Magical Screee

Postby dacquois » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:31 am

I watched the first two seasons of AC pretty much overnight, it was that addictive. Now I'm kind of afraid to look at season three, partly because usually shows start to get crappy the longer they run, and partly because I need my sleep. :/
Headbutts are just high fives with your face.
dacquois

Postby VGPlayer202 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:03 pm

CapitalRadioTwo wrote:
VGPlayer202 wrote:
Spoiler! :
or when the ghost dude killed himself if Jake was around to see it, and lose his love for soft cheese...

Spoiler! :
Um, That was exactly what happened. Jake was standing there and watched what happened and that's why he hates soft cheese now. Watch the episode again. He's standing right there and he even tells the guy to stop.

Yeah, I saw that, I'm just saying WHEN that all happened! As in, how long ago was that event! It couldn't of been that long ago, since Jake doesn't look that much younger... Could it be that Ghost Princess and the dude ghost were recently deceased?

Let's thing about this: Jake's 28, so it had to have been within that time frame... Finn remembers his fondness for soft cheese, and he's 13... But then again, he COULDN'T of remembered that when he was a baby, so that reduces it to about 5-8 years or so.
VGPlayer202

Postby AdventChild » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Anyone seen the latest ep?
AdventChild

Postby CapitalRadioTwo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm

...and that ep was made of Nightmare fuel.
CapitalRadioTwo

Postby LibraHorse » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm

This sword. It's made out of babies!
Wanna listen to me and two Canadians talk about nerd stuff? There's a podcast for that.
LibraHorse

Postby Michael the popsicle » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Those fruit witches were freaky as hell
Michael the popsicle

Postby VGPlayer202 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Oh HELL yes, ESPECIALLY when they started eating that giant apple that had bones in it! D:

Seriously, though, epic episode. And Finn got a new sword! This is, like, the third sword he's gotten in the series?
VGPlayer202

Postby CapitalRadioTwo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Um, "Incendium" is easily in my top 5 favorite episodes (With "Fionna and Cake", "Thank You", "What Was Missing", and "Henchman") . I'm not spoiling anything for you west coasters, If the next season is focused around what the end of this episode indicated is going to be a focus next season, then this show somehow just got even better.
CapitalRadioTwo

Postby AdventChild » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 am

Spoiler! :
A bit late, but I've enjoyed the last episode of the season. The songs in it were great, esp. Finn's and Jake was funny in this too. I kinda like the fire princess and really want to see how she will plays out in the next season. Fun facts: Keith David voiced the Flame King and Jessica DiCicco played Fire Princess, who also voiced Olette in KH2.

Also, something created by Pen Ward (AT's creator for those who don't know) which includes Pokemon.....and fart jokes...
AdventChild

Postby LibraHorse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 am

Great episode. I'm really interested in where they'll take this in season 4. Also, YAY NEW REBECCA SUGAR SONGS!

Wanna listen to me and two Canadians talk about nerd stuff? There's a podcast for that.
LibraHorse

Postby VGPlayer202 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I just saw Incidendium... Really, the only game-changing, shocking twist to this season finale is what happened at the very end, as in, the LITERAL last line spoken before it cuts to a commercial. It goes by so fast that the fact that the one line is even said might not register completely and it takes you aback simply for that.

The big one-line?

Spoiler! :
Finn: "I think I might have a crush". ...ON SOMEONE WHO ISN'T PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM!

...Personally, I see this as more open-ended then others might. After all, he COULD be referring to the fact that there's someone who actually has the "hots" for him (sorry for the pun). Either way, I think I can see Flame Princess being a major player in the next season, and the fact that she's said to be outright evil will put a nice love triangle on Finn's old love for Princess Bubblegum, and he resolve to fight all things evil.

THAT'S awesome, and THAT'S why I love this show, because despite it's weird setting, outrageous creatures, non-sequitor one-liners, and outright BIZARRE plotlines, it's STILL a well-written show with a lot of thought and character development put into it!
VGPlayer202

Postby AdventChild » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm

CR did this pic for the Spill Crew at spill.com and shown on this week's Let's Do This! http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/let- ... ry-22-2012
Okay, it is now time for CR to talk about Adventure Time in a new FF.
AdventChild

Postby VGPlayer202 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Once again, CR! impresses with some AMAZING artwork, and for people I don't know nor care about!
VGPlayer202

PreviousNext

Return to TV