Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 am
Press Start DVD

Phantom of the Opera (A Musical Review)

Think you're next Nostalgia Critic? Post your video here and find out!

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Re: Firefly's Kaylee (With @CAFR)

Postby Sursum Ursa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:05 am

Kaylee Frye, everyone!

This episode is brought to you by Sursum Ursa and The Cheap-Arse Film Critic.

Enjoy!

Yes, it does have that bit with the strawberries.

I know.
Sursum Ursa

Postby The Cheap-Arse Film Critic. » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

As always, the fat bald broke brings things down.
The Cheap-Arse Film Critic.

Postby FunkyM » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Kaylee Fry.

Small. Cute. Talks quickly?

Must investigate further.

I'mbatman. (Sorry, been playing Arkham city all week.)
FunkyM

Postby Sursum Ursa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:14 am

Deary me, Funky, Arkham City? I hear it's most addictive...

We'll send out a search party if we don't hear from you.

And nonsense, Liam. You were wonderful and very obliging. :D
Sursum Ursa

Re: Shepherd Book and the Special Hell

Postby Sursum Ursa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:31 am

Episode 24: Shepherd Book. Well, isn't that...special.

I'm going to THE SHERLOCK PREVIEW TONIGHT AT THE BFI MY SQUEE AND FLAIL CANNOT BE CONTAINED!

I'm such a fangirl.

There will most certainly be a vlog of some description.
Sursum Ursa

Re: A Scandal in Belgravia VLOG

Postby Sursum Ursa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:55 am

YAY YAY YAY SHERLOCK!

My first Vlog. The preview screening of A Scandal In Belgravia was WORLDS OF AWESOME. A few minor spoilers in the review, but I didn't talk much about the plot. Couldn't ruin it for you. Seriously.

The YouTube trailer for the vlog:

SQUEE.
Sursum Ursa

Re: Firefly: Zoe

Postby Sursum Ursa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:51 am

Episode 25: Zoe from Firefly!

No more before Christmas. See you all in the New Year!
Sursum Ursa

Postby Djourno » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:52 am

I look forward to seeing your 2012 work! Your work is amazing and it's only going to get better!
Daniel Pizarro: Journalist, Producer & Bro
http://www.danielpizarro.com.au
Djourno

Postby Sursum Ursa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks so much Daniel! It's very encouraging to know people are watching (and enjoying, for that matter!)

Going to have some interesting stuff coming up in 2012: there's the end of Firefly season, the new eps of Sherlock, a bit of vintage Disney and...'You remind me of the babe!'

Should be a lot of fun. :D
Sursum Ursa

Postby Djourno » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:08 pm

"What babe?" hehe!
Daniel Pizarro: Journalist, Producer & Bro
http://www.danielpizarro.com.au
Djourno

Postby Sursum Ursa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 am

The Babe with The Power, of course!
Sursum Ursa

Re: Oooh, Scandalous!

Postby Sursum Ursa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:51 am

Episode 26: A Scandal in Belgravia, YAY!

Happy new Sherlock year SHERLOCK.
Sursum Ursa

Re: I can haz Facebook page?

Postby Sursum Ursa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 am

Apparently Blip doesn't tell you when you get comments on a video.

And then the comment counter doesn't register them. But someone asked if I had a Facebook page, so now I do!

New Facebook page here!

Also, as of yesterday I had 7,777 views for all time. That made me smile.
Sursum Ursa

Postby FunkyM » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 am

Yay, 7777 views! :)

Looking forward to new 2012-flavoured videos...
FunkyM

Postby alexthed » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:49 pm

After liking the Facebook page, it said "Alex likes Stuff You Like." One of the more interesting sentences I've read in a while...
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/briancurtiswalker
Answering your movie questions
(Thanks to Sursum Ursa for the Avatar)
My deviantart gallery: http://adecourv.deviantart.com/gallery/
My articles: http://adecourv.hubpages.com/
alexthed

Re: Sherlock: The Hounds and the Fall

Postby Sursum Ursa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 am

Some of the most beautiful, heartbreaking television I've ever seen.

Episode 28: Sherlock: The Reichenbach Fall

Episode 27: Sherlock: The Hounds of Baskerville
Sursum Ursa

Postby The Red Suitcase » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 am

I very much agree.

I was so heart broken over "The Reichenbach fall." I was crying!
And after it was over I was just sitting starring, cursing that there's no rewind button on a television set!

When's the DVD!? grrrr.
I need to watch that thing again! (man is it rare I ever say that about any-thing these days.)

And season 3..

By the way, season 3 is confirmed, it was commissioned together with season 2 and will air at precisely the same time next year, meaning the first Sunday next January.. meaning.. To freaking long from now! again "grrr."

I really amazes me how well this series all the way through managed to both maintain the personal drama and a mystery, neither forgotten and neither winning over the other. And well, humour to.
I guess it helps that it's not a flashy hollywood production not having the need to spend so loooong time on fight scenes, and well, you guys in britten is cool not being as harsh on cencuring in either tely or movies. That suicide scene would never ever make it in a modern Hollywood movie, we see him hit the freaking ground. And there's nothing elegant over the fall like in.. City of angels or some-thing.

Oh I was heart broken right with you, I cried... but erh, what did you think of Moriaty? and their final confrontation?

"And now I beat you! and it was so easy! I'm bored again!"

"I really am you."

Okay, that is probably not what they said, but some-thing like it. It just feels a little weird you didn't comment on Moriaty, the build up main villain.. at all.

It's funny how lowering the stakes can actually help the emotions. I mean think about it.
In the recent hollywood Sherlock Holmes movie, the entire world is at stake, in many hollywood movies it's the world which is a stake, in a ordinary RTD doctor who finally, it would also be the entire freaking world.

Yet here, what is at stake is very simple. A reputation and three lives. That is all, three lives. Only stake, and yet so much more taxing and emotional, it's closer and more personal I suppose. It's not any three people, it's three people who have come to really care about.
And well, witnessing any-one being scared and committing suicide is bound to be emotional, but this was just.. seeing Sherlock being so scared and crying of all things.
This may be the first year in a long time that the current Doctor actor wont win the Bafta for best lead.. I mean, Benedict just deserves that thing from this!

And btw, I have a question for you, it may not be for a couple of months. but hopefully at a point through the year, I am going to do a couple of videos concerning itself with Sherlock holmes through time, meaning I will take a look on several sherlock holmes related things, and of cause take a tour past Sherlock, because well that series is amazing!
Would you be interested in a part or cameo? If you all ready now know you are going to go to London Expo (we are a couple of European video producers whom are going to go there.) I could schedule and make sure to have a script ready for May.
You don't need to answer now at all, you don't need to say any-thing, I am just going to let the proposition hanging in the air.
I'm Sofie Liv, also just known as Miss Liv, Host of "Red suitcase adventures." which runs at the great site http://www.Agonybooth.com where I work as a video producer.

Or, you can visit my threat right at this forum! filled with videos and lots of me!
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34782
The Red Suitcase

Postby TheWire » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:37 pm

One thing I'll say about Sherlock, when I finally get around to reviewing it in full... is that there's at least two reasons for everything that happens. And that's the mark of truly great storytelling.
TheWire

Postby Sursum Ursa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:36 am

One thing I'll say about Sherlock, when I finally get around to reviewing it in full... is that there's at least two reasons for everything that happens. And that's the mark of truly great storytelling.

It's just the best thing I've ever seen on television. Bar none. I don't think I've ever seen anything I love so much.

By the way, season 3 is confirmed, it was commissioned together with season 2 and will air at precisely the same time next year, meaning the first Sunday next January.. meaning.. To freaking long from now! again "grrr."

Yup, I did mention it at the end...but we have to wait. We're good at waiting, us Sherlock fans.

Oh I was heart broken right with you, I cried... but erh, what did you think of Moriaty? and their final confrontation?

Don't know. Mulling it over. He'll get his own episode, but I was a bit of a wreck, so I just talked about all the lovely bits. More of a first impressions thing :)

Yet here, what is at stake is very simple. A reputation and three lives. That is all, three lives. Only stake, and yet so much more taxing and emotional, it's closer and more personal I suppose. It's not any three people, it's three people who have come to really care about.
And well, witnessing any-one being scared and committing suicide is bound to be emotional, but this was just.. seeing Sherlock being so scared and crying of all things.
This may be the first year in a long time that the current Doctor actor wont win the Bafta for best lead.. I mean, Benedict just deserves that thing from this!

All of the awards. For all of them.

And btw, I have a question for you, it may not be for a couple of months. but hopefully at a point through the year, I am going to do a couple of videos concerning itself with Sherlock holmes through time, meaning I will take a look on several sherlock holmes related things, and of cause take a tour past Sherlock, because well that series is amazing!
Would you be interested in a part or cameo? If you all ready now know you are going to go to London Expo (we are a couple of European video producers whom are going to go there.) I could schedule and make sure to have a script ready for May.
You don't need to answer now at all, you don't need to say any-thing, I am just going to let the proposition hanging in the air.

That would be awesome! I'd love a cameo, and if I can make it to London Expo, a part. I'll get back to you. Thanks!
Sursum Ursa

Re: Firefly: Wash: I am a leaf on the wind...

Postby Sursum Ursa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:39 am

Episode 29: Firefly: Wash

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar...
Sursum Ursa

PreviousNext

Return to Your Video Reviews