Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 am
Press Start DVD

Did ThatAussieGuy Leave?

Any problems or glitches with the site? Post them here and we'll see what we can do.

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Did ThatAussieGuy Leave?

Postby RDP009 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Ware is he? All his videos are gone now and I dont see the link to bored shitless production anymore. Did somthing happen or is this just a glitch?
RDP009

Re: Did ThatAussieGuy Leave?

Postby MikeTheAdmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm

He's gone. We have parted ways.
MikeTheAdmin
Site Admin

Postby RDP009 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 pm

What happen?!
RDP009

Postby BalloonAnimals » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 pm

RDP009 wrote:What happen?!

This is just a guess, but it might be from the fute Spoony was talking about in his comentary on Spooning with Spoony... just a guess though.
I eat apple cores...
BalloonAnimals

Location: In an anerexic womens tummy... please give food to her soon!

Postby MnemonicTube » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Pure hardsuck, man. Well, I'm not sobbing...yet.

Goodbye, stereotype of doom.
MnemonicTube

Postby Jacar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:50 am

BalloonAnimals wrote:

This is just a guess, but it might be from the fute Spoony was talking about in his comentary on Spooning with Spoony... just a guess though.

I doubt that'd be the reason. At the very least that little feud was just a product of whatever else was going on.

Or Aussie left of his own volition, *shrug*
Jacar

Postby CAFR » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 pm

One thing that's been bothering me since I heard about Dan's leaving/termination...

... wasn't he in charge of the whole Blistered Thumbs side of things? I seem to remember that being the case. Now he's gone, who's steering that ship? Sage? Joe?
CAFR

Postby MikeTheAdmin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:21 pm

No he wasn't in charge of Blistered Thumbs, I would have an overall role of Executive Producer/Site Admin/Talent Pickup like how this site is run, but BT is going to have other Executive Producers that will handle more as I phase myself out, and focus finally on just being the CEO and running the company.
MikeTheAdmin
Site Admin

Postby Jacar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Ooh, good luck with that Mike! :)
Jacar

Postby The Shockmaster » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:10 am

BalloonAnimals wrote:

Spoony's moderator/girlfriend (I think) has shot down this theory. Apparently it is nothing to do with Spoony and is "TGWTG-centric" although they point out that they aren't going to discuss it further in respect of TGWTG's wishes to not discuss it further. It's a shame as we all seem to really want to discuss it further!
The Shockmaster

Postby Jigglysaint » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:15 pm

The Shockmaster wrote:
BalloonAnimals wrote:

Spoony's moderator/girlfriend (I think) has shot down this theory. Apparently it is nothing to do with Spoony and is "TGWTG-centric" although they point out that they aren't going to discuss it further in respect of TGWTG's wishes to not discuss it further. It's a shame as we all seem to really want to discuss it further!

As it turns out, Doug doesn't like to be touched much(just kidding, but that DOES remind me of an episode of Full House where Joey gets the part for Ranger Joe, hugs the old guy, then he fired him because he has an issue about being touched).
Jigglysaint

Postby Punisher069 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:38 am

Usually I wouldn't care esspecially since I never watched his vids but the fact that the info is being withheld makes me interested.
Punisher069

Postby Queue » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 am

It's probably a typical "everyone stay hush" kind of thing. Aussie did something to piss Doug/someone high up off, doesn't matter what. He was "convinced" into leaving, probably because someone played a guilt trip on him and now he feels bad. Now no one wants to own up to it, so everyone is just going to shut up. That's almost always what it is. Ego clashing.

Or it could be something much more harmless, but I can't imagine any other reason for not telling us that isn't completely ridiculous. So unless they're just full of it, I'd have to guess he pissed someone off.

Or he left, but I would imagine they would be able to tell someone "hey, he quit"...
Queue

Postby Punisher069 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:47 am

Haha I was actually going to type something just like that. I was thinking the same thing.
Punisher069

Postby Queue » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:55 am

That, plus, now that I think about it;

-If something happens that requires Aussie to leave the site without someone firing him, why did they delete all his videos? And remove any and all traces of him from every page in the Wiki? He's not even in "former contributors".

-Why was an official announcement about his departure not made? I would think a major part of TGWTG's history leaving would warrant a news post of some kind. Suede got one, so I can only imagine it's just that no one wants to make a post about him, either because they're involved or because they don't want to be involved.
Queue

Postby Punisher069 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah most likely.
Punisher069

Postby Queue » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:30 am

One last thing here, my mind's running away with me.

Does anyone else think that the powers-that-be here at TGWTG are being total bastards about this? They gave us no information whatsoever about this in advance, to at least soften the blow a bit. They pulled an immature and amateur move by deleting any and all references to him in the Wiki. According to the wiki staff themselves, they were just told to delete everything about him. Not only does that show a complete lack of class, it reminds me of something an angst-ridden teen would do. They should have at least put a "Riz departed the site" message at the end there. They don't tell us even the general overarching category of why he left, such as business, personal clashes, artistic differences, whatever. They don't need to be specific.

I can imagine very few things that Aussie could have done that would warrant whomever initiated this to be such an utter asshole about the way things were carried out. And even if he DID do something like that (As one of maybe three examples I can think of regarding this, stealing money or something of the like), they're insulting our intelligence by not thinking that if they just acknowledge it and say that it's personal, we would have the basic manners to just leave it at that. But the only message we got was an outright denial anything happened, the standard "I'm sure Riz will do well in any..." bullshit, and basically got told "We're not going to say anything, now shut up about it".

EDIT: And reading this again, I just realized how absolutely disjointed this sounds. I know it fails grammatically, I'm tired. You get what I'm going for.
Queue

Postby Punisher069 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:47 am

haha yeah I get what you are trying to say. But yeah, weird that he was "purged" from existance on the site. Even tidbit of info would be better than what was give like, "Aussie was being an ass," or alot of people didn't like his attitude, something like that. *shrug*
Punisher069

Postby Lord Seth » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

The lack of information does seem weird...does Aussie have his own site/blog up somewhere where he might have said something about it?
Lord Seth

Postby MikeTheAdmin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:26 am

Queue wrote:One last thing here, my mind's running away with me.

Does anyone else think that the powers-that-be here at TGWTG are being total bastards about this? They gave us no information whatsoever about this in advance, to at least soften the blow a bit. They pulled an immature and amateur move by deleting any and all references to him in the Wiki. According to the wiki staff themselves, they were just told to delete everything about him. Not only does that show a complete lack of class, it reminds me of something an angst-ridden teen would do. They should have at least put a "Riz departed the site" message at the end there. They don't tell us even the general overarching category of why he left, such as business, personal clashes, artistic differences, whatever. They don't need to be specific.

I can imagine very few things that Aussie could have done that would warrant whomever initiated this to be such an utter asshole about the way things were carried out. And even if he DID do something like that (As one of maybe three examples I can think of regarding this, stealing money or something of the like), they're insulting our intelligence by not thinking that if they just acknowledge it and say that it's personal, we would have the basic manners to just leave it at that. But the only message we got was an outright denial anything happened, the standard "I'm sure Riz will do well in any..." bullshit, and basically got told "We're not going to say anything, now shut up about it".

EDIT: And reading this again, I just realized how absolutely disjointed this sounds. I know it fails grammatically, I'm tired. You get what I'm going for.

He was removed from the Wikia after he decided to start editing a bunch of pages.

You want a vague reason why all this, happened, why a person who I myself gave my own laptop, personal equipment and other things that would help him with his reviews was let go, and all these actions were taken. Don't you think there must be a very strong and valid reason, for this to happen? I featured a video of his a week before this went down. Less than 6 weeks ago he was in Chicago for 6 days. We flew someone from Australia to Chicago, that costs a bit.

Suede got an exit, because he deserved one, Suede left because he had to, not because of the issues upon issues he caused. Aussie is gone from the site and the company because of things that he said and did that affected EVERY producer on this site.
MikeTheAdmin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Issues