Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 am
Press Start DVD

Two Crossovers Upcoming

5 Second Movies and great reviews are his forte.

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Two Crossovers Upcoming

Postby Shaorune » Wed May 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Film Brain mentioned on his twitter that two upcoming crossovers will add to his episode count. So...who do you think will be involved?

I'm hoping one of them is with Oancitizen, but we shall see...
Shaorune

Re: Two Crossovers Upcoming

Postby AVPGuyver21 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Maybe one with the NC but I doubt since Doug just did a crossover and he tries not to do too many of them.
AVPGuyver21

Postby Scorpion1o4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Shaorune wrote:I'm hoping one of them is with Oancitizen, but we shall see...

Wish Granted
http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/brows-be ... an-6192101
Scorpion1o4

Postby AVPGuyver21 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm

I guess the next one will end up being a Nostalgia Critic crossover?
AVPGuyver21

Postby Neo Ultra Mike » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Well both of these crossovers were done in the fourth year I assume and I don't think NC had any time to shoot a crossover then. I mean in the Starchaser review he says that was suppose to be filmed since it was going to be an NC episode and NC didn't have time to write a script on his own or with Rob that week but even then he didn't have time to film it with Sage so I doubt he had time to film one to be on Matthew's show so I'm going to assume it's someone else. I kind of hope it's actually Luke Mochrie since Luke hasn't had any crossover love and it'd be nice if the two continued their SK rivarly in a review of some kind.
Neo Ultra Mike

Postby AVPGuyver21 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 pm

He just did a crossover with Diamanda Hagan. I think a crossover with crossover between Doug and Matthew could work out. I have a feeling that Film Brain is going to get the same backlash that he got when he crossover with Spoony. Oh well, I doubt Film Brain cares what NC fanboys will say if he does a crossover with Doug.
AVPGuyver21

Postby Gurning Chimp » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 am

AVPGuyver21 wrote:He just did a crossover with Diamanda Hagan. I think a crossover with crossover between Doug and Matthew could work out. I have a feeling that Film Brain is going to get the same backlash that he got when he crossover with Spoony. Oh well, I doubt Film Brain cares what NC fanboys will say if he does a crossover with Doug.

I don't. NC fanboys and Spoony fanboys are entirely different animals. The dual forces of Doug and Rob keep the fanboys in check. Spoony even admits that his fanboys are way out of control.
Gurning Chimp

Postby Shaorune » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:49 am

Perhaps a repeat crossover (Linkara, Spoony, etc)? Or something we don't even expect, like Maven. (I'm curious what they would review together though...)
Shaorune

Postby Gurning Chimp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

OK, according to Film Brain's latest tweet the co-reviewer is a guy, and someone that he would dog-pile.
Gurning Chimp

Postby DylanS » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

In My Opinion:

I hope that after this next crossover, Film Brain goes back to normal reviews. I mean, crossovers are okay, especially if the two (or more) reviewers have chemistry that can drive the review. For example, his crossover with Rap Critic on Big Momma's Like Father, Like Son was really funny because the two had good chemistry. Rap Critic was a good straight man and Film Brain was the loveable goofball. His crossover with Linkara in 2010 was terrific for the same reasons, as was his crossover with Welshy and Cinema Snob, Todd, and even Lupa.

Sadly, his recent crossover with Oancitizen and the one with JesuOtaku did not work. It doesn't help when they review a movie that's incredibly boring and stagnant so that they have to look hard for things to point out and rip on. Sucker Punch was horribly tedious, and on top of that, Film Brain and JesuOtaku did not make a good team. JO was flat out mean and FB was annoyingly childish and it continued in a cliche that's thankfully being phased out wherein two reviewers are forced to review a movie and one of them hates the situation like hell. With Rap Critic and Film Brain, they meet up at the start and agree to go review a movie. Simple, straightforward. Plus, JO and FB had no chemistry and did not work as a reviewing team and as a result, the Sucker Punch review is, to me, quite unwatchable.

Film Brain and Oancitizen's crossover didn't work because the movie was boring, and the two just didn't play off each other very well, hence the review was boring. Both are fantastic reviewers on their own, but together, it just didn't work.

So Film Brain, I hope the upcoming crossover will be the last one for a while, because I and so many of your other fans really enjoy your traditional Bad Movie Beatdowns, and if you want to do another crossover, how about The Nostalgia Critic or Phelous, or Lindsay? I think you would play off of them really well, and you don't have to wait until you're in the same room, just do like they usually do and cut back and forth.
Nostalgia Critic Review Wish List:

Jetsons: The Movie
Krippendorf's Tribe
Star Kid
House Arrest
8 Heads in a Duffel Bag
Car 54, Where Are You? (movie)
Clifford
The Big Green
Dennis the Menace
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Josh and S.A.M.