Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 am
Press Start DVD

Review Requests for 'JO!

The red snarky text demands that you post here!

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Re: Review Requests for 'JO!

Postby Formula Fox » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

I would like to recommend that JesuOtaku review the Gold Digger: Time Raft OAV! http://www.antarctic-press.com/html/ver ... ?id=AP+DVD

Okay, it's not really anime, but it's one of those things that are very heavily anime-inspired and I'd love to see Jesu's opinion on this one-man operation. (as in, one single person -the man who created the comic series- drew every single piece of art in the entire series)

GD gets far too little love for it's awesomeness.
Formula Fox

Postby Supermutant2099 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 am

Ranma 1/2
Slayers
Spice and Wolf
Sgt. Frog
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Angel Links
Lupin III
Genshiken
Nana
Magic Users' Club
Galaxy Express 999 Movies (perfect time since they been re released)
Sailor Moon. This one my personal #1 favorite of mine. So I always like disusing and hearing what other people think. I know it was mention dubbed themed (god I swear that song haunted my nightmares at one point before I grew to love) but unless I miss something about why it would be exude. Well other then maybe because Stars Season was never released here or maybe before her time. Maybe there is a reason that I missed why when skimming the 13 pages of request why I didn't see. If there is please tell me and forget the request on this one. I am still pretty new around here.
movie: Airplane. anime: Sailor Moon. vg: Mass Effect series. comic.s: She-Hulk. wrestler: CM Punk.
http://supermutant2099.deviantart.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/RJHammer?feature=mhee
http://supermutant.dvdaf.com/
http://www.freewebs.com/supermutant/
Supermutant2099

Postby Mengde » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Will you review anime that'll rock over japan anytime soon?
The Illiterate Scholar of Dinosaur News Center and Occasional Gaming.

Dinosaur News Center - A show with all the latest dinosaur research & discoveries.
Mengde

Postby Sape » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:19 am

Man, business is booming, huh...

With that said, I must ask...what happened to the "In-Betweens?" Man, oh man! Your in-depth analysis truly added a fresh perspective and a nice education lesson on the Trigun series. I truly re-watched the series just to catch every detail that you mentioned. Well, I guess life gives you fans and us demanding little boogies stir you reviewers in circles. I'm not surprise you all aren't taking therapy sessions :lol: .
Sape

Postby ravelqueen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:31 am

I went through the list, so I guess I'm the third to request Rurouni Kenshin, maybe that will help^^. In my opinion the manga was better than the anime, but it's a classic! And there are the prequel OVA's if you don't have time to slog through all the episodes^^

Other than that how about Gundam 00? I have seen a lot of Gundam requested already and all would be fine, but that one is my personal favourite.
ravelqueen

Postby breakingboundaries » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:11 pm

I would just LOVE to see a review of Toradora, one of my all time favorite animes. Also, seeing a FMA vs FMA brotherhood would be pretty interesting. I am also suggesting Clannad/Clannad After Story because it was a very heart ripping and heartwarming anime to me. Another one would be Myself; Yourself, its actually a decent anime that absolutely NO ONE I know has heard about. I also want to see a review of Bakemonogatari, Vampire Knight, School Rumble, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
breakingboundaries

Postby theshadysalesman13 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 am

What about Eden of the East?
theshadysalesman13

Postby reifuTD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I loved the main villain in GunXSword. That needs a review.
reifuTD

Postby Sparky Young Upstart » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Cromartie High School. Of course in order to handle it, she'd have to do a crossover with somebody just as mad...like Panda :P
Sparky Young Upstart

Postby Dorcas_Aurelia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:37 pm

She streamed the first couple of episodes once way back before she was on TGWTG. I recall her opinion in brief was: Just because it's random doesn't mean it's funny!
Remember the bits where the comedian was watching the comedy-show-within-the-show and he couldn't understand why it was so popular. That was her reaction to Cromartie.
Dorcas_Aurelia

Postby Silverviper2134 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am

The only anime I can think of that I want to see reviewed are Axis Powers Hetalia/Hetalia World Series, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (though I have a feeling that JO will share her opinion on that series in her review of the original anime, so that doesn't really count), Excel Saga, Lucky Star, Ranma 1/2, and the Indigo League of Pokemon. No way am I asking her to review the entire Pokemon series, that would take her years.
Silverviper2134

Postby JetstreamGW » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 am

Silverviper2134 wrote:The only anime I can think of that I want to see reviewed are Axis Powers Hetalia/Hetalia World Series, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (though I have a feeling that JO will share her opinion on that series in her review of the original anime, so that doesn't really count), Excel Saga, Lucky Star, Ranma 1/2, and the Indigo League of Pokemon. No way am I asking her to review the entire Pokemon series, that would take her years.

http://blip.tv/jesuotaku/stuff-i-won-t- ... ay-4456773

She's not gonna review Hetalia because she can't. Some of that other stuff might be on there too. I know FMA is off-limits too, but I don't know about Brotherhood.
JetstreamGW

Postby Dorcas_Aurelia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Silverviper2134 wrote:... Ranma 1/2, and the Indigo League of Pokemon. No way am I asking her to review the entire Pokemon series, that would take her years.

But 8 seasons of Ranma won't? Also, I haven't watched Pokemon beyond the original incarnation (when there were only 151), but is the Indigo league any less episodic, or does contain dynamic characters that make it worth reviewing?
Dorcas_Aurelia

Postby JetstreamGW » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Silverviper2134 wrote:... Ranma 1/2, and the Indigo League of Pokemon. No way am I asking her to review the entire Pokemon series, that would take her years.

But 8 seasons of Ranma won't? Also, I haven't watched Pokemon beyond the original incarnation (when there were only 151), but is the Indigo league any less episodic, or does contain dynamic characters that make it worth reviewing?

To be fair Dorcas, there are only 161 episodes of Ranma, and over 700 episodes of Pokemon (so far)

Oh, and Indigo League is the Japanese name for the first 80/82 episodes, so named because the original elite four are on Indigo Plateau.
JetstreamGW

Postby MarkusWithTheGlasses » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Review GOLGO 13 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MarkusWithTheGlasses

Postby BloodiRose » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:22 am

Magical Witch Punie Chan
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan
Steel Angel Kurumi
Uta Kata
BloodiRose

Request for Story of Saiunkoku and Skip Beat

Postby QueenofDiamonds » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey JO!,

I'm new to the site but I have been watching your reviews for over a year and love them so much! There are two anime that have become my favs that I want you to review Skip Beat and the Story of Saiunkoku. Both yes are shojo but have orginial,deep and relateable heroines ( and honestly how often do you run into them like that in shojo?) plus the stories are fun and keep you guessing. Skip Beat is still ongoing in manga but the subbed verison is pretty easy to find. Saiunkoku has been dubbed but just the first season but it's a good dub! No really! :P Umm.. oh this is kind of a long request, sorry. But thanks for your time! :D
QueenofDiamonds

Postby Quidam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Claymore anyone?
Nothing with kings, nothing with crowns;
Bring on the lovers, liars and clowns!
Old situations,
New complications,
Nothing portentous or polite;
Tragedy tomorrow,
Comedy tonight!

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!!!
Artist Needed. Send me a PM!
Quidam

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Postby vigggggo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I would like to suggest "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien "
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a bitter sweet romance 14 episode-anime. I don’t want to spoil it for people, who may want to see it, but I can present the main story. This is a spoiler for the first 3 episodes.
Spoiler! :
The main story is about 3 childhood friends; a boy (Takayuki Narumi) and two girls(Haruka Suzumiya and Mitsuki Hayase). Haruka Suzumiya is in love with the Takayuki Narumi, and her friend help set them up. It goes very well, and they become a couple. But in the end of episode 2 something happens; Haruka Suzumiya is the victim of a big accident. As a result of this, she is in coma for 3 years. Meanwhile , Takayuki Narumi and Mitsuki Hayase becomes a couple. The rest of the series is about that happens after Haruka Suzumiya , wakes op. That it means for the 3 friend, and who Takayuki Narumi wants to be with

Why I think its worth reviewing; This anime is really well written. The characters feels like real people, and they are easy to care about. Being an anime, there’s of course some annoying characters, like a little yellow-haired brat. But they are quit limited. There’s only a few, and they are not that annoying. I haven’t watched a lot of romantic animes, I personally prefers action, but there’s something about this. This is by fare, the best romantic anime I have watched. And it’s relatively short; 14 episodes. The music is also kind of good, if you are into that style of music.
One more thing! The hole anime is a little bittersweet, and the ending is no different. I personally think it works, but it’s indeed a question of personal taste.

NB
One more thing; This is NOT hentai. It’s seems like a weird thing to point out, but it has come to my attention, that this anime apparently is based on a hentai-game (whatever that is?). One that note; the anime contains a little nudity, used to demonstrate, that the couples is sexual active. But it’s not a lot, and it is done pretty tasteful.

Wikilink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien#Anime

Review:

http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a33.html
vigggggo

Postby nyaore » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 pm

What about Twelve Kingdoms?
It's based off of a Japanese book series, which sadly aren't finished yet, and while the anime somewhat suffers from this (as one of the stories it follows was never finished by the author so there is very little closure for it) it makes up for it in nearly all other areas. It's very hard to make me like a story where some girl or boy get sucked into a magical world, but this one actually manages to pull it off fairly well. The only big downside to this anime is the fact that literally NONE of the characters start of as likable, and as such it tends to lose viewers very fast after the first four episodes. However, this story is very much character driven and almost every single character grows and matures as time goes on. I hated the main heroine at the beginning, and her perfectly logical descent into paranoia that follows her arrival into the new world, but watching her growth as a person and seeing that even after she got her 'happy ending' she still had much more to learn has endeared her to me. To the point where she, Youko, is literally my favorite anime heroine of all time. (And I've seen my own fair share of anime.) Yes, she becomes 'badass' and that is part of why I like here, but I mostly like her for the fact that she's human. She makes mistakes that cost her dearly, she's unlikable at times, and yet she continues to grow even when you think she's reached the summit of her character arc. It's a very fun story to watch, and follows three/four characters throughout it's entirety. Youko being the predominant character, with Taiki, King En, and Enki being the major focus of the other stories.

I would post the opening, but sadly this series doesn't have a very good one. The music is amazing, but the animation for the opening is non-existent. It's basically just scrolling backgrounds of pictures relevant to the mythos.
If you don't mind I did find a pretty nice fan-made trailer for it, so long as you don't mind minor spoilers at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfUQnUY0 ... re=related

The only problem that I can see is that it's licensed by Media Blasters, so I don't know if it's still in print. I could lend you my boxset though.
nyaore

PreviousNext

Return to JesuOtaku