Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 am
Press Start DVD

Review Requests for 'JO!

The red snarky text demands that you post here!

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

Re: Review Requests for 'JO!

Postby RobotEmilio » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 pm

I know they are films and not shows, but it would be awesome if you do Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away Review.
RobotEmilio

Postby Dorcas_Aurelia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Lycosyncer wrote:I want to see your takes on what you think of the massively popular Code Geass and Soul Eater. Plus, once when FMA: Brotherhood is finished dubbed, get to that one too and plus, you could make your own Old vs New edition of anime reviews since anime remakes are not very common these days compared to what Hollywood does.

She is legally unable to review FMA:B and Soul Eater.
Dorcas_Aurelia

Postby dragonfly_dust » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Please do a review of Infinite Ryvius~! It's an awesome anime with an enormous cast of characters that shows just how far people in a society can degrade themselves into chaos!
dragonfly_dust

Postby Arilou » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:05 pm

^ Seconded.
Arilou

-

Postby Dazmi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:39 am

Inuyasha. I somehow feel like it would make for an entertaining review.
Dazmi

Postby goingcrasy202 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:44 pm

the digimon movie, growing up a fan of the show, i was so dissapointed that i didn't watch the show till i was 8 (i saw it when i was 7) and to this day i put it in my top 10 worse movies at number 5
Last edited by goingcrasy202 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:insert catchy saying here:
goingcrasy202

Postby The Paperboy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Man...if she hadn't already done half the anime I'd have put on my list...i'd have more to say lol...but as it stands; all I can really ask for amounts to-

Eureka Seven - a personal favorite of mine, and i'd love to see how her analytical eye sifts through it
X'amd - because...honestly...its new...and, I can't for the life of me find any more info on it, hell...i'd donate it myself if it didn't cost an arm and a leg (damn you Sentai Filmworks! ...and your premium pricing)
Birdy the Mighty - in its latest incarnation, I greatly enjoyed it, but i'm finding a split in most - it'd be cool to see what she'd have to say

and that's about it...since she already did Kino's Journey, Baccano, and a whole host of other anime I'd have thrown here...that, and some of the others I can think of are either just too damn new (as in, less than 5 episodes), or I don't really see a need for a review on 'em.

Well either way, i'm excited for the lineup she's got going - lookin' forward to Phoenix especially

-oh, and should you stop by and see this Miss JO, this is Al - I somehow was worthy enough to get a close consideration for your title cards waaay back when! XD thanks again for that opportunity.
Does ''..." count as a signature?
The Paperboy

Postby Kevin Servo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Monster Rancher

If you weren't attached to Digimon or Pokemon, you were probably attached to Monster Rancher. This was a cute series that also came on Fox in the morning but it was pretty adult for a kids show from time to time. I'd like to see her thoughts on it.
Kevin Servo

Postby Jalozyin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey, JO! Love your reviews.. I would hereby like to donate my copy of Queen's Blade for you to review! =3
Jalozyin

Postby ImaginaryGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 am

If you ever need a break from soul crushing series, I highly, HIGHLY recommend Fantastic Children. This anime, sadly, really flew under the radar...but it's quite good and certainly deserves more attention than it has garnered. I have difficulty comparing it to other series mostly because the set up is so unique. The setting is somewhere in southeast asia...I think...and there's some otherworldly aspects and creepy white haired children. Er, not in an Akira way. Still, it's one of those that keeps you guessing about the underlying mysteries in the plot. But, unlike many shows, you there's actually a big payoff for such mysteries and the pacing and reveals are top notch. The art style is pretty unique, too. Just...avoid the dub. Oogh.
ImaginaryGirl

Postby JetstreamGW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am

So, since I just got done having my SOUL ripped out through my nose by Clannad After Story Episode 16, I think I wouldn't mind seeing a review of Clannad.

It has a dub now. It's a very good dub, near as I can tell.

I don't cry at movies or TV shows, but this came pretty fucking close a couple times. And I ain't even done yet. It's on Netflix Streaming, if that helps.

Edit: Yeah, okay, Episode 21 basically broke me. Congratulations, show, you win. How the hell was the original game that inspired this show made by a company that usually makes ecchi and hentai games? That's mind blowing.
JetstreamGW

Postby MaikuSAN » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Durarara!! End of story. Since it was created by the same people who did Baccano! and that's high on your faves list, a comparison would be great. Not to mention, it's one of the more newer Anime that's popular but not a massive beast that can't be contained.
MaikuSAN

Postby LindyLinds » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 pm

JetstreamGW wrote:So, since I just got done having my SOUL ripped out through my nose by Clannad After Story Episode 16, I think I wouldn't mind seeing a review of Clannad.

I don't cry at movies or TV shows, but this came pretty fucking close a couple times. And I ain't even done yet. It's on Netflix Streaming, if that helps.

Edit: Yeah, okay, Episode 21 basically broke me. Congratulations, show, you win. How the hell was the original game that inspired this show made by a company that usually makes ecchi and hentai games? That's mind blowing.

I second the request for a Clannad review, albeit for completely different reasons.
LindyLinds

Postby JetstreamGW » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 pm

LindyLinds wrote:
JetstreamGW wrote:So, since I just got done having my SOUL ripped out through my nose by Clannad After Story Episode 16, I think I wouldn't mind seeing a review of Clannad.

I second the request for a Clannad review, albeit for completely different reasons.

What? You hate it?

Cool! Flame War in the making! I'll bring the popcorn! ;)
JetstreamGW

Postby LindyLinds » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:36 am

JetstreamGW wrote:
LindyLinds wrote:

What? You hate it?

Cool! Flame War in the making! I'll bring the popcorn! ;)

Ayup. viewtopic.php?f=121&t=15913&p=524174#p524174
LindyLinds

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm going to keep this simple. I want to see you review Queen's Blade. I know it's not possible, but try to watch the whole thing, not just the first episode like 80% of everyone who do watch it. The first season is dubbed, with the exception of a few episodes. The rest of it, seasons two and three (or season 2.5 for most), are not but I wish you'd watch it anyway, it doesn't even have to be in your review since it isn't dubbed.

Since it's obvious you hate anything with "fanservice" (Ikkitousen, Elfen Lid, MoMH, etc), I expect that you will completely trash the series, but I still want to see your "honest" opinion of it.

Also, I will say this. I'm a fan of Queen's Blade and, yes, I'm a guy. I will also say this. In my opinion, the first season of the anime doesn't do the series much justice. Expecially the first episode, which I consider the worst episode of the whole anime. I'm not saying Queen's Blade is perfect, it's far from that. I'm just tired of seeing review upon review that bash the entire series from just the first three-four, if not just the first, episodes. I've even read "offical" reviews that outright had lies in them.

Thank you for your time and sorry for wasting it with this message.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Blade
shadowmaksim

Postby JetstreamGW » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:I'm going to keep this simple. I want to see you review Queen's Blade. I know it's not possible, but try to watch the whole thing, not just the first episode like 80% of everyone who do watch it. The first season is dubbed, with the exception of a few episodes. The rest of it, seasons two and three (or season 2.5 for most), are not but I wish you'd watch it anyway, it doesn't even have to be in your review since it isn't dubbed.

(snip)

Actually I think the whole thing is dubbed. Netflix has Queensblade Volumes 1, 2 and 3 available for instant streaming. I just checked. Maybe that's not the whole series but... well, I don't think Netflix has a lot of subbed anime.
JetstreamGW

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 pm

JetstreamGW wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:I'm going to keep this simple. I want to see you review Queen's Blade. I know it's not possible, but try to watch the whole thing, not just the first episode like 80% of everyone who do watch it. The first season is dubbed, with the exception of a few episodes. The rest of it, seasons two and three (or season 2.5 for most), are not but I wish you'd watch it anyway, it doesn't even have to be in your review since it isn't dubbed.

(snip)

Actually I think the whole thing is dubbed. Netflix has Queensblade Volumes 1, 2 and 3 available for instant streaming. I just checked. Maybe that's not the whole series but... well, I don't think Netflix has a lot of subbed anime.

I could be wrong here, but I think that is only season 1. Season 1 had 3 DVD volumes, 4 episodes each. I haven't heard or seen anything about Season 2 or the Season 3 (or 2.5) OVA's getting an english dub. After the wave of negative reviews about Season 1, I doubt the others will ever get an english release anyway.
shadowmaksim

Postby Patchouli Knowledge » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:14 am

Since we now know Doug won't do these, I want to request them for JesuOtaku:

-SONIC: THE MOVIE:

-SONIC X:

"That's, like, your opinion, man."
Patchouli Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to JesuOtaku