Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:38 am
Press Start DVD

About Jerrid

It's The Cinema Snob!

Moderator: DodgerOfZion

About Jerrid

Postby Leofan93 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I just saw a post on Brad's Facebook saying Jerrid was leaving and would have no more affiliation with the site. What happened? Did he and Brad get into a fight or did he move away?
Who put this here?
Leofan93

Re: About Jerrid

Postby pharmmajor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 pm

From what I've read, it was due to personal issues that had been building up for a while. Jerrid had apparently been doing some inappropirate stuff that had pissed off Jillian and could have possibly hurt the Cinema Snob site. Real shame; they had great chemistry. I hope that they can work out the problems they're having and renew their friendship.
pharmmajor

Postby Minuto » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

It's sad it had to come to this considering I always thought Jerrid was a funny guy, but I also can't pretend to know what went on behind the cameras. I still like Jerrid but I also respect Brad's decision to do what he felt was necessary, and I know for a fact this will not change how I feel about him or his site. He'll still be as hilarious and awesome as ever. I'm no longer really one to use YouTube clips to summarize my feelings, but Brad...

YOU WILL REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES.
Minuto

Postby Gordon_Cole » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 pm

That's a shame. I always kind of liked Jerrid. He'll be missed. I'm sure that Brad has good reason though and it's none of anyone's business really. The Cinema Snob will continue to be one of my favorite Internet reviewers. Brad, aside from reviewing awesome movies (and some not so awesome) that I thought only I had seen (and consistently surprising me with ones that I'd never heard of), seems like a really down to earth and personable guy and that's what I've always liked about him. When it comes to exploitation and horror films though, there really is no equal to him. So I'll stick by him no matter what. It's a shame to hear about Jerrid though. Where does this news/ rumor come from anyway?
Gordon: YOU ARE WITNESSING A FRONT THREE-QUARTER VIEW OF TWO ADULTS SHARING A TENDER MOMENT! (to Shelley) Acts like he's never seen a kiss before.
Cooper: Uh, Gordon.
Gordon: TAKE ANOTHER LOOK SONNY. IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!
Gordon_Cole

Postby dakostro » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:07 am

That really makes me sad. Besides how hilarious I've thought the Brad & Jerrid sketches were, I enjoyed watching them hang out and shoot the shit in the other videos they appeared in together. I mean, there's even a vlog where they were celebrating Jerrid's birthday. To think that friendship has ended is really depressing.

But if you want to look at the bright side, Brad still has a lot of other cool friends to be with and work with, including his wife. That's something I've always appreciated with Brad's videos, so hopefully they'll manage to carry on.
dakostro

Postby The Man in the Tophat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Gordon_Cole wrote:That's a shame. I always kind of liked Jerrid. He'll be missed. I'm sure that Brad has good reason though and it's none of anyone's business really. The Cinema Snob will continue to be one of my favorite Internet reviewers. Brad, aside from reviewing awesome movies (and some not so awesome) that I thought only I had seen (and consistently surprising me with ones that I'd never heard of), seems like a really down to earth and personable guy and that's what I've always liked about him. When it comes to exploitation and horror films though, there really is no equal to him. So I'll stick by him no matter what. It's a shame to hear about Jerrid though. Where does this news/ rumor come from anyway?

The news comes from Brad and Jerrid's facebook posts. Jerrid said he left/steeped down on one of the replies to the post, and because he is Brad's friend he was willing to do it.
I am so far in the middle of a successful mission known as : Operation Awesome Part 6
Don't call me Shrilly but you can call me Oldskoolguitar.
The Man in the Tophat

Postby JethroQ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:16 pm

it's kinda hard to find the relevant posts on facebok with the hundreds of replies, but you know, I support Brad and Jerrid's decisions, but I feel a bit sad that apparently a whole friendship has pretty much been disbanded.
Tumblr|Diamanda Hagan fanblog|Oancitizen fanblog

“Four letter words, or four syllable words don’t make you a poet, they will only magnify how shallow you are and then everybody know it”
-- Gil Scott-Heron "Message to the Messengers"
JethroQ

Postby thecinemasnob » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Jerrid didn't leave, or "step down," he was fired.

Sorry I'm so late in responding =) Here's what I posted on another forum:

Well I guess I should probably write something. :mrgreen: Things are being made out to seem a lot worse than they actually are. The only things that are changing is just that Brian will be taking over Jerrid's spot on "Radiodrome," and "Brad and Jerrid" will be different as well. Aside from that, everything else is the same. "The Cinema Snob," "80's Dan," the midnight reviews, etc, all of that stuff will be the same.

As for why Jerrid was let go, without getting too specific, there were about 20 instances where I had to do a lot of damage control for him on set and at different events, and it got to where we simply couldn't really handle it anymore. I tried presenting those past situations to him, but it didn't exactly go over so well. Then, when I found out about some horrific things he had said about Jillian to fans, enough was enough. Jerrid has great comedic timing and he made for a very charismatic presence in these videos, but it just wasn't worth all the tension. Hope you all still enjoy the site.
thecinemasnob
TGWTG.com Contributor

Postby Lt.Havoc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, that really sucks, a friend should not behave like that, so Brad, you did the right thing. Still, must have been hard to fire him.
"This man is talking about logic....I am talking about the Universal Armageddon!" Doctor McCoy, Star Trek 2

"I AM A MAN!" yes you are Linkara XD

hnming wrote:
We already had TROLLS in Central Park? Now we're gonna have Smurfs too?
Lt.Havoc

Postby Gordon_Cole » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 pm

I love Radiodrome and Brian is awesome. I'll be looking forward to it.
Gordon: YOU ARE WITNESSING A FRONT THREE-QUARTER VIEW OF TWO ADULTS SHARING A TENDER MOMENT! (to Shelley) Acts like he's never seen a kiss before.
Cooper: Uh, Gordon.
Gordon: TAKE ANOTHER LOOK SONNY. IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!
Gordon_Cole

Postby Rattrap007 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

We need to make Jake the new butt monkey then. Jake and Brian become the new go to guys for all bad movies in the midnight screenings. We need more epic Jake meltdowns like with the Smurfs..
Rattrap007

Postby Leofan93 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:54 pm

thecinemasnob wrote:Jerrid didn't leave, or "step down," he was fired.

Sorry I'm so late in responding =) Here's what I posted on another forum:

Well I guess I should probably write something. :mrgreen: Things are being made out to seem a lot worse than they actually are. The only things that are changing is just that Brian will be taking over Jerrid's spot on "Radiodrome," and "Brad and Jerrid" will be different as well. Aside from that, everything else is the same. "The Cinema Snob," "80's Dan," the midnight reviews, etc, all of that stuff will be the same.

As for why Jerrid was let go, without getting too specific, there were about 20 instances where I had to do a lot of damage control for him on set and at different events, and it got to where we simply couldn't really handle it anymore. I tried presenting those past situations to him, but it didn't exactly go over so well. Then, when I found out about some horrific things he had said about Jillian to fans, enough was enough. Jerrid has great comedic timing and he made for a very charismatic presence in these videos, but it just wasn't worth all the tension. Hope you all still enjoy the site.

Well Brad it's sad seeing him go, but you did what you had to do.
Who put this here?
Leofan93

Postby dakostro » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am

Even if Brad didn't get that specific (which he really didn't have to), I now understand that he did what he had to do. Especially with Jillian being involved. Props to him for standing up for his wife.
Last edited by dakostro on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakostro

Postby Rants » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 am

What a nice young man she was
Rants

Postby The British Chick » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I was never a fan of Jerrid, he always did come off as rather awkward to me. I hope things between Jerrid and Brad don't become too awkward or unbearable. As they still are neighbors, I hope they can work it out in time.
The British Chick

Postby Blackbird » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Rattrap007 wrote:We need to make Jake the new butt monkey then. Jake and Brian become the new go to guys for all bad movies in the midnight screenings. We need more epic Jake meltdowns like with the Smurfs..

Wait, I thought Jake already was going to all the bad movies?
"Later dudes! 'F' you in your 'A's, don't wear a 'C' and 'J' all over your 'B's!"
Blackbird

Postby Rattrap007 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Blackbird wrote:
Rattrap007 wrote:We need to make Jake the new butt monkey then. Jake and Brian become the new go to guys for all bad movies in the midnight screenings. We need more epic Jake meltdowns like with the Smurfs..

Wait, I thought Jake already was going to all the bad movies?

Seems that way huh.. Plus he is hilarious when he has to review them..
Rattrap007

Return to Brad Jones