Okay, why hasn't there been a comic of Superman Vs. Goku?
|Truth, Justice and the Saiyan Way|
Come on guys, these are the two power houses of nerdom, and save for
maybe a spattering of fanfic, fanart and that one Youtube video, we
haven't had a great narrative driven tale of the Last Son of Krypton and
The Legendary Super Saiyan in either comic or manga form. And yes, I
know there's a lot of corporate stuff between Toei/Funimation/whoever
has the American distribution right now and Warner/DC to get an official
comic done. But why not a web comic or something? We've got hundreds of
web comics out and no one has thought of DBZ/DC?
It's not even all that hard of a story to tell if you plan it right. Here, I'll give you a the most basic outline I can for the story arc:
- Superman finds himself teleported to the DBZ universe after fighting , I don't know, let's say Brainiac.
- While trying to get his bearings, Supes finds himself confronted by another of the many genocidal alien tyrants who want to destroy the DBZ version of Earth whipping the floor with the Z Warriors. Doesn't have to be a known bad guy, the DBZ verse seems to be littered with these guys, so you can make one up.
- Supes fights off the said tyrant into submission and asks the Z Warriors if they're okay.
- Goku shows up, seeing the Supes help his friends. He makes fast friends with the Man of Steel.
- After retreating to Goku's home, Superman learns where he is. Upon learning of Dr. Briefs and his mastery of super-science, he commissions Briefs to help him get home.
- Meanwhile, a remnant of Braniac (or one of Braniac's drones) finds the technology and history of the DBZ Earth and decides to do what he always does: shrink a major city, record all of the world's history and blow up the rest of the planet.
- Braniac prepares to destroy the world and decides to use the Red Ribbon Army android tech to build an elite squad.
- Supes and the Z Warriors discover Braniac's plan and proceed to try and stop it.
- While fighting Braniac's forces, Superman gets a sort of mind control crown placed on him. And the Z Warriors discover Braniac's greater plan: to take the Tenakichi Budokai City (no, I don't know what the city's name is) while a perfect copy of Braniac takes Metropolis and destroy both versions of Earth.
- Some of the Z Warriors (Krillin, Gohan, Yamcha and Piccolo) go off to help prevent the destruction of the DC universe Earth.
- Goku decides to try and save Superman by fighting him and we get our main event: Superman VS. Goku.
- While Goku and Superman brawl, The Z Warriors help the DC universes Justice League fight off the other Braniac's world destruction plans.
- Goku and Superman fight until both men basically look like death warmed over. Main Braniac shirnks and encases Tenkaichi Budokai City. All hope seems lost for the DBZ Earth.
- The JLA and Z Warriors end up triumphing over Other Braniac's forces and go back to the DBZ Earth to save it.
- Finally, the Calvary of JLA and Z Warriors come, senzu beans are given out, Supes gets his free will back by the tech prowess of Bulma and Oracle. And the final charge goes.
- The forces of Main Braniac are destroyed and the team of Goku and Superman defeat a beefed up Super Braniac.
- Superman and Goku shake hands an leave as allies, with Goku hoping they can fight again someday.
- The End
There. A basic outline of what could be a Superman Vs. Goku comic. I'm
sure there's some other scenes you can throw in their like:
- Vegeta getting his knowledge of Planet Vegeta sucked out of hin by Brainiac,
- Chichi meeting Lois Lane,
- The Z Warriors working with Supergirl, Superboy and Power Girl,
- Bulma and Oracle doing super hacking to free Supes
- Yamcha finally getting to be badass again
- Seeing any of the DBZ characters interact with Batman.
So please, somebody, make this happen. Hell, I'll volunteer for writing duties or editing duties for the thing. Just please make this so.
Originally posted on One Man's Obsession(s)